Information We Collect
Our Potential Use of Your Information
Accessing, Editing and Removing Your Information
Interaction with Third Party Websites
Third Party Access to Your Information
Release of Your Information for Legal Purposes
Commercial and Non-Commercial Communications
CoverForce’s Security Measures
Our Policy Towards Children
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a visitor to a CoverForce website for any reason (including for purposes of obtaining a free trial) or a CoverForce customer who registers or signs into a website maintained by CoverForce, we may obtain various types of information from you concerning your access device. This information may include, but is not limited to, the following information that can itself be used to identify you and allow the holder to contact you:
• Company Name
• Email Address
• Phone Number
• Employee Count
• Payroll Information
• Visitor Site Preferences
CoverForce may also receive information that is provided by your browser or mobile device. This information includes but is not limited to:
• Browser Information
• Operating System Information
• Mobile Device Information (e.g., device identifier, mobile operating system, etc.)
• IP Address
• Pages Accessed
• Time of Visit
• Time of Last Visit
• Referring Site, Application, or Service, including the relevant Search Queries that led you to CoverForce’s website.
You should be aware that CoverForce may use information we obtain about you to:
• Enhance or improve the functionality of our websites, products, or services.
• Process transactions.
• Send commercial email messages about our websites, products or services, and respond to inquiries.
• Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of CoverForce websites, products, or services.
In certain instances, you may be able to review and edit the personal information provided to us through your logging onto your account through our websites and by editing your user account preferences. Although many of these account changes occur immediately, removed information may continue to be stored in your web browser cache. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or locations not readily visible to us, and disclaim all liability regarding the existence or misuse of such information. You should be aware that CoverForce may, from time to time, itself retain residual information about you in our backup and/or user database.
Websites, products, and services maintained by CoverForce may contain links to third party websites, products, or services. These third party websites are not screened for privacy or security by CoverForce, and by accessing our website and /or using our products or services you thereby release CoverForce from any liability for the conduct of the operators of these third party websites.
CoverForce uses the services of various individuals and organizations, including contractors, web hosting providers, and others, to assist us with the collection, interpretation and use of visitor or user data.
While providing or maintaining our website, products, or services, we may delegate to others the authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web hosting provider stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our website.
From time-to-time it may become necessary or advisable for CoverForce to release your information for legal purposes, such as in response to a request from a governmental agency or a private litigant in a filed action. You agree that we may disclose your information to others if we believe, in good faith, that it is advisable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, internal investigation, or other legal matter. If we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also release your information to others when we believe that it is prudent to do so, such as when we have a reasonable belief that you may have engaged in or been the victim of fraudulent or other illegal activities. At all events, by your first use of our websites, products, or services you release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information in response to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
CoverForce has implemented reasonable security mechanisms to protect customer and user data that may be maintained on CoverForce servers against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Examples of these security mechanisms include limited and password-protected access, high security public/private keys, encryption on processed data, and TLS encryption to protect transmission of data.No security system is totally impenetrable, including ours. Despite our best efforts, it may be possible for system invaders, human or robotic, to intercept or access customer information. CoverForce cannot and does not guarantee the security of your information and you agree to not hold CoverForce responsible for unauthorized access despite reasonable security measures being in place.
Our websites, products, and services are not intended for the use of children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our servers.
Our business requires us to collect and to use information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer (“personal information”). The following categories of information may be collected by CoverForce:
Identifiers, which may include: a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Information corresponding to California Customer Records personal information categories, such as: a name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Personal information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
• Information excluded under the CCPA, such as anything covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed in the chart from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from our you or our business partners. For example, when you call us or our business partners for help to obtain a commercial insurance quote.
• Indirectly from agents and brokers of our clients. For example, the information from our clients who have received it and having been unable to fulfill your request for a commercial insurance quote, have passed it to us as part of us providing services to them.
• Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.coverforce.com) when users submit requests for commercial insurance quotes and website usage details are automatically collected.
• From third-parties that interact with us or provide support for the services we perform.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to fulfill a request for a commercial insurance quote, we will use that information to prepare a fully qualified quote request and, if necessary, connect you to an appropriate business partner.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To improve our website and to present its contents to you.
• For testing, research, analysis and product development.
• As necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our business partners or others.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
CoverForce will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for substantially different or incompatible purposes without providing you notice through this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for anything other than performance of the contract.
We may disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category One: Identifiers.
Category Two: California Customer Records personal information categories.
We may also disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Our affiliates.
• Service providers.
• Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
We may sell personal information only for the exclusive purpose of connecting you with a business partner capable of fulfilling your request for a commercial insurance quote.
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights. This section describes those rights and explains how to exercise them.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the collection and use of your personal information over any preceding 12 month period by emailing us at email@example.com. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we shared that personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
• sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
• disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you and have retained, subject to certain exceptions, by sending us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received and confirmed your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform actions you authorized.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.)
.6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable exclusively internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other lawful uses of your personal information that are compatible in the context of which you provided it.
You have the right to request that we not sell your personal information that we have collected from you by sending us a request at email@example.com. Once we have received and confirmed your verifiable consumer request, we will not sell your personal information.
To exercise your rights regarding access, data portability, and deletion of personal information described above, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
• Visiting http://www.coverforce.com/ and clicking on the links in this policy.
• Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Our goal is to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option, provided we have valid deliverable addresses for either method. Any disclosures we provide will only address the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. In our response, we may also explain the reasons why a request cannot be executed, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will use an ASCII text file or other suitable means to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to move the information from one entity to another.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or entirely unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why and provide you with the costs before the request is executed.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.